Warren Smith, founder and chief executive of AccessSolicitor.com, said: “Lawyers in School is an amazing initiative and we are extremely proud to be involved.
“One of the reasons I set up AccessSolicitor.com is because I passionately believe accessing legal services should be straight-forward and transparent. Looking for a lawyer can be daunting at best and intimidating at worst, and our business is designed to change that.
“But we also need to better educate our young people about the profession, how it works and what it means to them. That is why we have happily agreed to provide pro bono marketing support for the Citizenship Foundation’s Lawyers in Schools programme.”
Lawyers in Schools is a unique education programme led by employee volunteers that increases young people’s awareness and understanding of the law. It brings together local secondary schools, predominately in economically deprived areas, with firms, in-house legal teams and barristers’ chambers to gives students the chance to engage with lawyers on legal issues that are relevant to their lives.
Emma Watts, project manager at Lawyers in Schools, said: “We are passionate about bringing the law to life for young people. Working with partners across the profession is key to engaging students in the law and we are thrilled that AccessSolicitor.com has agreed to support us.
“With reductions in Legal Aid, it is now more important than ever for citizens to know their legal rights and responsibilities. Lawyers in Schools is aiming to expand the programme so that children across the UK are taught how to engage with the legal system we live in. AccessSolicitor.com’s support will help us to reach more firms to tell them about this great programme and how they can get involved.”
Warren added: “The legal profession is undergoing radical change and engagement with young people is more important than ever before.”
For more information please contact:
Warren Smith, AccessSolicitor.com
(07982) 393 149 or email@example.com
Emma Watts, Citizenship Foundation
(020) 7566 5035 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
- AccessSolicitor.com was launched in August 2013 and is an online directory that allows legal professionals to promote themselves to consumers as well as small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
- The database, which includes solicitors, direct access barristers, licensed conveyancers and legal executives, totals 12,972 legal professionals.
- AccessSolicitor.com uses a website architecture that helps maximise the number of visitors to the site. It already provides a number of unique features to help match individuals searching for legal services with the most suitable lawyer.
- All AccessSolicitor.com’s services are currently free for consumers and SMEs
About Lawyers in Schools
- Lawyers in Schools was established in 1999 in partnership with City firm Linklaters and is run by the Citizenship Foundation.
- In 2012/13, 38 law firms, in-house teams and chambers took part in the Citizenship Foundation’s Lawyers in Schools programme.
- For more information visit http://www.lawyersinschools.org.uk
comments powered by Disqus
Thanks for contacting Access Solicitor. We�ll get back to your enquiry as soon as possible, and during normal business hours this should be within the next 30 minutes. We look forward to helping you find the legal advice you need.
Access Solicitor Customer Care